The Kew Guild Committee.
To guide and manage the work of the Guild, promote its aims, extend its influence and exploit new opportunities.
- Guide the Preparation, monitoring, and review of the Guild’s strategic plan.
- Set out clear and attainable working priorities for the presidential year.
- Chair meetings and ensure that annual general meetings and extraordinary general meetings are carried out in accordance with the rules of the Guild.
- Maintain effective and democratic governance of all business meetings by:
preparing agendas in consultation with the secretary and treasurer.
allowing time for debate, full participation in decision making.
- Ensuring relevant matters are discussed and appropriate decisions made.
- In the event of a split decision, use a casting vote.
- Help prepare a financial risk assessment.
- Manage papers and prepare them correctly for archiving.
- Prepare an outgoing progress report for the Guild Journal.
The post holder will be expected to conduct business in a courteous, constructive manner that fulfils the letter and spirit of Guild rules, conforms to all legal requirements, and is consistent with current best practice.
Term of office:
One year, following election at the Annual General Meeting.