Job description—Membership Secretary
The Kew Guild Committee.
To manage the Guild’s membership personal records on an Access file held on RBG Kew’s computer system.
- Advise the committee on membership matters, both positive and negative.
- Update membership records from information supplied by the Treasurer from bank statements.
- Not divulging membership data to non Kew Guild members.
- Ensuring Standing Order forms are correctly filled in and all monies received are passed onto the Treasurer as promptly as possible.
- Updating membership records from information supplied by the membership when requested or when their circumstances change.
- Ensuring all paid up members have agreed to their name and address being published in the Journal.
- Providing annually a list of members and their addresses to the Journal editor for publication in the Journal.
- Preparing a report for the Annual General Meeting of the Guild’s membership numbers and at each of the committee meetings.
- Supplying address labels to the Events Secretary and Journal Editor for mailings when requested provided sufficient notice is given.
- Annual submission of archive material to the Guild archives, together with an accompanying schedule.
- Help prepare a financial risk assessment.
- Manage papers and prepare them correctly for archiving.
The post holder will be expected to conduct business in a courteous, constructive manner that fulfils the letter and spirit of Guild rules, conforms to all legal requirements, and is consistent with current best practice.
Term of office:
Subject to election at the Annual General Meeting.