Job description—Archives Officer
The Kew Guild Committee.
In cooperation with Guild officers, safeguard, update and promote the development of the Guild Archive.
(On completion of the Guild archive project, all new material submitted to the Kew Archivist must be in a manageable form requiring minimal cataloguing and conservation effort.)
- Assist and provide guidance to those Kew Guild Officers required to maintain archival material.
- Provide archive guidelines to all the appropriate officers when taking up their role or requiring updating. (This list and guidelines will be determined as a task of the Kew Guild supported Archive assistant post).
- Liaise with the Kew Archivist on Kew Guild matters when appropriate.
- Check on an annual basis that the officers with archival material prepare their papers in accordance with the guidelines so that the papers can be passed to the Kew Archivist who will be able to enter the papers with minimal effort.
- Help prepare a financial risk assessment.
- Manage papers and prepare them correctly for archiving.
- Actively forage for Guild-related archival material.
The post holder will be expected to conduct business in a courteous, constructive manner that fulfils the letter and spirit of Guild rules, conforms to all legal requirements, and is consistent with current best practice.
Term of office:
Subject to election at the Annual General Meeting.